Media Kit Troubleshooting
I’ve connected the wrong social-media account
1. Once you have saved your media kit, on the top left corner select “Edit”.
2. Under “media kit” find the social media platform you have mistakenly connected, and click on “disconnect”.
3. Once disconnected, you can connect another account but make sure that you are signed out of the wrong account. It’s best to do this in an incognito window.
Instagram card isn’t updating
Instagram sometimes randomly disconnects 3rd party services, so if your Instagram card on your media kit isn’t updating you were sadly on of their “chosen” ones!
The good news is all you have to do is reconnect your Instagram account. It may still show as connected on your edit profile page – disconnect it, check that instagram is gone from the media kit page, then go back and connect it again. Once you’ve done that once it should be fine eternally, and update as normal.
Reconnecting your Instagram Account:
1. Go to the top left corner and select “Edit” from the drop down menu.
2. Under “media kit” find the social media platform and click on “disconnect”.
3. select “connect” to reconnect your account and “save”
Geographic breakdown looks funny
Sometimes the geographic breakdown shows an unusual large number of hits from certain countries. These are often not users but bots crawling the internet. You can tell google to exclude bots from your google analytics.
1. Go to the Admin section of your Google Analytics
2. In the ‘View’ column- click on ‘View Settings”
3. Tick the box as per below:
X Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders
Gender break down is showing 0%
You will need to enable demographics and interest reports on Google Analytics. You can find a step by step guide on how to do this here.
Statistics aren’t pulling through
If you’re statistics aren’t pulling through, try to reconnect your social media account. After you’ve done that, go to the drop down menu at the top left corner and select “refresh”.
If that doesn’t work, please use our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com to let us know the issues you may be experiencing with your media kit.